Sunday, April 19, 2009

How can we all be more green?

Earth Day is this Wednesday, April 22nd. Every year I promise myself I'll do something to be more green and each year I try to add at least one new way to move toward a greener lifestyle.

I recycle, use a clothesline, take shorter showers..... You get the idea.
This year I want to learn how to compost for the garden and I'll be thinking of ways in which the library can become more green.

Here are a few good sites to get you started:

Culver City has some great ideas on how to be more green.

Green Guide for everyday living.

Nature Conservancy Carbon Footprint Calculator

Green Product Checklist

Earth Day History

We have many new books in the library with some great ideas on how we can all make changes at work and at home to become a bit more green. Stop by and see if there is something of interest to you.

Join us on Earth Day, Wednesday, April 22nd at noon and hear two NMCC instructors talk about their areas of expertise: Wayne Kilcollins / Wind Technology and Pam Buck / Green Building Design.

It will be interesting, fun, and you'll learn a lot. Can't think of a better way to spend Earth Day!

See you on the 22nd at noon in the library.

No comments: