Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Around Campus






If you walk from the library to the residential construction classroom on campus, you'll get to see some wonderful student projects. It all began with a flat tire. Guy Jackson, NMCC residential construction instructor happened to notice my car in the parking lot and spotted a flat tire. He was nice enough to offer to fill it with air. While he worked on my car, I walked through the residential construction area and saw some wonderful projects the students were completing. One project really caught my eye. A beautiful set of stairs constructed by NMCC student Gail Thibault. They were so nice that I asked if I could come back and take a few photos for the library blog.

There are so many wonderful things happening all around campus that it is really essential that we all leave our own areas and visit other parts of campus. For me, getting out of the library that day meant that I was able to see the wonderful work of NMCC students in action.

Here are a few photos. See for yourself. These stairs are so nice that it's going to be hard to let people walk on them.

No comments: